domingo, mayo 13, 2007

Amazing Grace

So, last wednesday i went to the students dinner/gathering that the guys from Agape organize, here in Kaunas. It was a strange day, just one of the students, apart from me and i don't count cause i am already christian, was there. Coincidence was that that day the aim of the gathering, i think was to try to get more confidence with the students. And just one of them was there, surrounded by six christians trying to convert her. Well... it was funny, but the girl, the student was a girl, was brave enough to share some of her thoughts.

So, when they were giving her thanks for coming, even alone, etc... she just answered that she now enjoys a lot coming to join the group. And that, for her, is a surprise how they show such a love for her. That the main reason why she kept on coming was that, the love that she felt in that house. I think that for them was even more amazing than for me, but i really felt very, very, very happy for my friends. The words of this girl sounded as if God was telling them: "You're making a good job, you're in the right way". I felt so happy for them, knowing that they were goaling the objetive that every christian should have, be witness of God, loving people as He does.


And now, here i am in Klaipeda, the third city of Lithuania, and the main one in the coast. I have come here with David and Monika, spanish and lithuanian. Hitchicking, of course. We have spent all day having a round with Irma and Rasa, two girls from Klaipeda. Something that David told me quite surprised me. He said that the main reason, i think he said the only one, why he was jealous of my choice in life, about God and all this stuff, was the people that i was having opportunity, to meet and to be surrounded by. He said something like: "I envy that you're surrounded by all these people... and they all are so nice!!! Good people." It was strange... i know that when he speaks about the people around me, he just doesn't talk about the lithuanians, cause he had the opportunity to meet Dan, several times when he came to visit me.


And i know that Bible says that we should be proud just to know God... but i can't avoid to feel proud of the people around me, proud of the friends that God has given me, and he is still giving. People that is an example not only for me but for my "unbelievers" friends. And i can't avoid to feel uncomparably blessed by God when i see how people describe the friends of a guy who not so many years ago had any, and still doesn't do anything to deserve them. Amazing grace.

No hay comentarios: