martes, julio 01, 2008

My Worlds

Last month i have been thinking about the different worlds that i have lived in, or that i am living in right now. Two weeks ago a team from Tulsa, Oklahoma, came to my city, just to encourage the newest church in it, and try to spread the gospel a little more in Spain. I am not going to speak about what i think of what they did and so on. Just that i enjoyed very much the time i spent with them. Somehow they where a breeze of fresh air for me. A whole weekend speaking in english again, to feel that you're not part of the city, but a tourist. To feel the people staring and you cause you're surroundeb by 20 blonde noisy teenagers screaming and running. And without even caring about it. They made me remember my happy days walking around Europe, getting out of my daily routine, and feeling part of something more that what i am here in my hometown. I know that is just an illusion, but sometimes it feels good to live one, in helps me to get my emotions on vaccations.



Two weeks before this nice americans came here i had a "club day". This means that the people from the club in wich i play gather to play all morning. And later go to the beer festival, and have sausages and beer. I think basketball is the most kind side of my less christian life. This life sometimes is hard cause you can't never be absolutely yourself. Or maybe you can, but sometimes you can't share all of it with others, just because you're in a different wave from them. But anyway... as i have said they are the kind side of it all. I really enjoy their company, their jokes(although sometimes are a little bit weird), and their friendship. I really love those guys, and sometimes it breaks my heart to think about the lifes they're living, that is not bad at all... but i really believe could be better.


This last weekend i went to ContraCorriente, the biggest christian youth festival(or that's what i want to think), in Spain. I think that my main motivation for continuing going to it is just to meet some friends. Well... not some, but a lot of them. And they are those kind of friends with whom you can really be yourself fully. I know if i can count on someone(apart from God and my family), they are the ones. The hard thing is that i can just meet some of them once every one or two years... and coming back home, where they are not, is hard. But so it's life. This is the world i would like to live each day, and it's the most unreachable one.

4 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

mhmm..
i have a new game.
i play it rather often recently and it goes like this:
i walk, go by bus, tram, car, train, by whatever..
i lay down, i dance, i sit, i glance, i stare, i observe..
and then i try to recall a certain feeling, state of mind..
i imagine that i am far away, somewhere else, in another part of the world, that the people around me speak another language i dont understand, that they all are strangers, and that i am a stranger too..
i look at them and watch their rush, i imagine that i am not in a hurry myself, that i am here just as an observer, as a tourist trying to suck into him/her all the new things that are there in this strange place..
its a great game..
a bit sad, but at least i get some butterflies going crazy in the belly once in a while..
otherwise it feels like in a desert sometimes..

evidentemente yo dijo...

You are a kind or genius... or you're simply mad...:P

Anónimo dijo...

No entiendo

Anónimo dijo...

heheh ;)
yes..
i am a mad genius with a weird imagination ;)my bird of fantasy is doing crazy stuff right in the middle of my crowded brain

i am not trying to escape the reality, its just that i need a break sometimes ;)

P.S. pobre tio anonimo.. no es simple entender que pasa en mi cabeza xDD